Working with alarm companies, manufacturers and service providers, the Electronic Security Association (ESA) has established the SECURE+ Initiative as a way of increasing awareness of enhanced digital services offered by ESA member companies.
The initiative establishes the ESA SECURE+ Seal of Acceptance, along with an awards competition to acknowledge real-life examples of how ESA companies are making their customers' lives not only safe and more secure, but simpler, more energy-efficient and more convenient. The SECURE+ Seal of Acceptance can be used by participating companies to help promote their expertise in this area.
The SECURE+ Awards competition creates five categories aimed at honoring innovation and technical skill while encouraging companies to provide solid customer testimonials. Nominations for the ESA Accepted SECURE+ Awards can be submitted in the coming weeks, with winners to be announced at the ESA Leadership Summit, Feb. 18-21, 2013, in Orlando, Fla.
The categories include:
- Life Safety Award for the most innovative use of interactive services in a life safety situation, including fire, carbon monoxide detection or medical emergency.
- Peace of Mind Award, recognizing the most dramatic use of interactive services to extend connection with family members.
- Protect and Connect Award for the best use of interactive services in an intrusion scenario to include alarm activations in a robbery or burglary.
- Sustainable Lifestyle Award for installations that reduce energy consumption and costs in a residential home.
- I Love My Pet Award, for the best use of interactive services in caring for our beloved aminals.
More information about the ESA SECURE+ Initiative is available by contacting Shannon Murphy, ESA Vice President of Sales and Marketing, at (972) 807-6835, or via e-mail at Shannon.Murphy@ESAweb.org; or by contacting Ann O'Connor via e-mail at email@example.com.
Click here to learn more about becoming a SECURE+ sponsor!