Each month, we take a look at an NTS course and go through five things you may or may not know about the course.
This month, we’re talking about the course that teaches students the basic elements of the electronic security field: Understanding Electronic Security Systems (UESS), formerly Understanding Alarm Systems.
5 Things About UESS
- Topics include sensors, control panels and communications, with an emphasis on the need for an adequate site survey.
- The course stresses the importance of false alarm prevention and explores the interactions between electronic life safety/security professionals, law enforcement and fire prevention officials.
- The course is designed for non-technical staff, business owners, law enforcement, fire service, code officials and anyone seeking an overview of the electronic life safety and security industry.
- Individuals successfully completing the Understanding Electronic Security Systems course and the Essential Sales Training course are eligible for certification as a Certified Security Sales person.
- UESS is a seven-hour course that concludes with a one-hour examination.
Upcoming UESS Dates
UESS will be back and available in 2012!