Government Relations is one of many valuable ESA member benefits, and ESX 2012 in Nashville offers an excellent way for members to learn more about the association's efforts to influence and guide legislation on the state and federal levels. It's your chance to spend an hour learning about our government initiatives and priorities, straight from ESA's Capitol Hill lobbyist.
ESA's Director of Government Relations John Chwat will conduct free one-hour informational sessions on Tuesday, June 26, from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.; and Thursday, June 28, from 11 a.m. to Noon. The sessions will take place in the President's Suite at the Renaissance Nashville, the official hotel headquarters for ESX 2012.
Click here to RSVP for the Tuesday session; or click here to RSVP for the Thursday session.
John is one of ESA's most valuable assets, with more than 40 years of experience in Congressional and state legislative affairs. He will be available to:
- Discuss legislation in all 50 states that impacts members on the state and national levels.
- Answer questions about effectively lobbying state and local elected officials, as well as their staff members.
- Review legislative initiatives for 2013 that will be felt throughout the industry.
- Explain the importance of bills and policies that impact the profitability of life safety, fire alarm and monitoring companies.
- Help you make sense of the current "mess" in Washington D.C.
John is open to review questions ahead of time, so feel free to ask him via e-mail at email@example.com. There'll never be a better time learn more about ESA Government Relations, and to discuss what you can do to become involved.