As we look back on the most recent "Day on Capitol Hill," which took place April 17 & 18, the best way to gauge the impact of ESA's effort is to look at the numbers (courtesy of ESA Director of Government Relations John Chwat):
- More than 50 ESA members attended the event, representing 20 states.
- Combined, they visited 83 offices in the House of Representatives, as well as 33 Senate offices.
- There were more than 31 face-to-face meetings with Congressional members, and a number of other meetings with high-level staffers.
- ESA's Executive Strategic Partners sponsored four excellent networking opportunities. ESPs included Diamond-level partner Interlogix; Platinum-level partner Honeywell; Gold-level partners Tri-Ed/Northern Video Distrution and Telguard; and Silver-level partners Altronix and Security America RRG.
- ESA members were visited at their networking events by three of the most influential members of Congress: Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas), chairman of the powerful House Judiciary Committee; Rep. Tom Reed (R-N.Y.), a member of the influential House Ways and Means Committee; and Rep. Jim Cooper (D-Tenn.), member of the Budget and Oversight committee, as well as the Government Reform and Armed Services committees.
- Last but not least, there was one remarkable behind-the-scenes tour of the U.S. Capitol Building, led by former Congressman Ron Sarasin, who is now President and CEO of the U.S. Capitol Historical Society.
You should have been there! Here are links to photos from Day One, Day Two, and also from the various meetings with ESA members and legislators, as well as the U.S. Capitol Tour.
Remember: There's always next year. Mark room on your calendar now for May 7 and 8, 2013, and the next Day on Capitol Hill.