On Wednesday, November 16, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., (preceding the election meeting), IESA attorney Edward Williams will present his updated "PERC Nuts & Bolts" seminar for a small fraction of the normal cost.
The Permanent Employee Registration Card (PERC) compliance seminar will cover Illinois licensing requirements and necessary aspects of recordkeeping that the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation requires of all license holders plus how to survive an IDFPR audit. This seminar is specifically geared toward existing agencies that are in need of a refresher course on Illinois PERC registration and recordkeeping.
Other topics to be covered include:
- What steps have to be completed before an employee is put to work.
- A discussion of whether your agency has any exempt employees who do not need to have a PERC.
- What paperwork has to be sent to the Department before and after an employee is put to work.
- What documents are required in an employee PERC file.
- A detailed discussion of the current employee training requirements.
- What topics must be covered in training for alarm runners.
- How to provide classroom training to both installers and administrative employees.
A private presentation of Mr. Williams' "PERC Nuts & Bolts" seminar normally runs $900, but to encourage attendance to the important November IESA meeting, the Early Bird fee for a single company representative to attend is just $95, plus $25 for each additional person from the same firm. The Early Bird registration ends on November 6, after which registration increases to $105 for a single company representative, plus $30 for each additional employee.
Mr. Williams has agreed to donate his time for this event and all registration fees will go to the IESA. Additionally, Mr. Williams has announced the publication of a spiral bound PERC Manual, which serves as a very detailed reference source of all required PERC regulations and guidelines. For all those attending the PERC Seminar, the cost of the PERC Manual will be reduced to $345.00, a $50.00 savings.
For complete information regarding the PERC Manual, please consult http://www.edwilliamslaw.com/ or call Debbie at 312-335-9470 to reserve your copy.
After the seminar will be a networking social hour before the 6 p.m. dinner meeting that will include election of IESA officers.
To sign up for either event, please complete and return the attached registration forms for the one (or both) you plan to attend.
PS: Please note that the IESA has a new telephone number - 1-773-632-3140.