The Texas State Fire Marshal’s Office now accepts Electronic Security Association (ESA) Level II and Level III Fire Alarm certifications as an acceptable alternative to the SFMO technical qualifying test or completion of testing requirements for NICET Level II or III, Fire Alarm.
To help members meet their Texas licensing needs we have put together special pricing packages.
CFAT Level II Fire: Certified Alarm Technician Level I, Fire Alarm Installation Methods, and either the International Building Code or Life Safety Code courses + 24 months experience
- Online Course Package for Members = $790 (10% discount)
- Regular price paid for these 3 classes including required proctored exams = $880
- Non-Member price paid for these 3 classes including required proctored exams = $1180
- Instructor Led Training Package for Members = $905 (15% discount)
- Regular price = $1065
- Non-Member price paid for these 3 classes = $1365
ESA’s Certified Fire Alarm Technician Level II Fire (CFAT) fulfills technical requirements for the Fire Alarm Technician License (FAL) and/or the Residential Fire Alarm Superintendent License (RAS)
CFAD Level III Fire: Certified Fire Alarm Technician (CFAT) Level II Fire + Professional Fire Alarm Design course** + 36 months experience
- ILT Package for Members = $1241 (15% discount)
- Regular price paid for these 4 classes = $1460
- Non-Member price paid for these 4 classes = $1860
ESA’s Certified Fire Alarm Designer Level III Fire (CFAD) fulfills technical requirements for the Fire Alarm Planning Superintendent License (APS)
* In addition to the ESA certification training, all license applicants must also pass the Texas Fire Alarm Statutes & Rules TFM11 Test. Visit the Texas Fire Marshal's website for more information on the licensing requirements.
Click the links above to purchase your bundle or contact Pat Allen at 888-447-1689 ext 6806 or
Pat.Allen@ESAweb.org for more information.
Special Training Packages must be paid in a single payment in advance of all course registrations. All courses must be taken within 18 months of purchase date. If you choose to cancel your purchase of the Special Training Package, refunds will be calculated as follows: Purchase price less a 25% administrative fee and minus the regular purchase price (not the discounted rate) of the course(s) attended. Refund requests for Instructor Led Training (ILT) Packages must be received more than 14 days prior to the class registration. No portion of the Special Training Package is transferable to another individual.