Are you highly persuasive, enthusiastic, optimistic, confident, independent, resourceful, very impatient, have a strong sense of urgency and nothing can prevent you from reaching your goals?
ESA is looking for an Attendee Recruitment Specialist for our events who wants to roll up their sleeves and beat all attendance goals! If this sounds like you take our 6-7 minute survey here: http://www.cindexinc.com/c/B668CB.
Works with the Director of Marketing to ensure all ESA event attendance goals are achieved. The Attendee Recruitment Specialist is responsible for increasing attendance at ESA events by proactively reaching out over the phone and email to raise awareness of events, provide a concierge registration experience and assist in all event related registration questions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fully execute the attendee recruitment plan for each ESA event including the ESA Leadership Summit, ESA Day on Capitol Hill, ESX and the YSP Rising Leaders Forum.
- Conduct telemarketing campaign to contact all members, past attendees, and targeted lists.
- Manage attendee recruitment lists and update AMS with new contact information etc.
- Handle all inbound and outbound attendee calls and correspondence. Provide answers to scheduling, location, registration package, travel questions etc.
- Assist with administrative projects including mailings, database maintenance, and other tasks as assigned.
- Assists all attendees and prospective attendees with the registration process.
- Proactively reaches out to upgrade existing attendees, encourage group registrations, and provides concierge assistance to all attendees.
- Provide weekly activity and results reports to the Director of Marketing.
- Make proactive calls to past and prospective attendees to thank them for their business if appropriate and to obtain additional contacts within their organization to grow target lists and databases.
- Work closely with events team to ensure attendees have everything they need onsite.
- Work closely with the registration companies to ensure all technical issues are resolved.
- Work closely with accounting departing to ensure all registrations are processed and paid.
- Interacts with, aptly informs, and maintains appropriate relations with: fellow staff, ESA contractors, customers, members, volunteers and vendors as well as professional and service groups and government entities.
- Maintains a perpetually current understanding of Association business, goals, values, direction, events and activities through on-going review of website and assimilation of information provide through Association publications, email newsletters, etc.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists fellow staff as needed when preparing to attend trade shows, events, or when meeting a deadline.
- Participates in trade shows, events, etc., as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is not currently responsible for the supervision of another ESA employee. Supervision received from Director of Marketing. Works independently with minimal supervision; External contacts include ESA volunteers and members and industry leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience required in an inside sales role.
- Proficiency using Windows-based applications and database administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with a well-developed orientation to accurate attention to detail.
- Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines while handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Required proficiency in: Microsoft Word, Spreadsheet applications including Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and customer communications skills.
- Non-profit and/or Association experience
- Tradeshow experience
- Industry experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF POSITION/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; no special demands are required. Extended periods of public involvement may be necessary when participating in trade shows or ESA events. Must be mobile enough to move from one location to another as needed, and to interact and communicate with attendees. Work is performed in an office setting with the exception of trade shows or ESA events. Travel as required.