Are you proactive, an analytical problem solver, confident, independent, socially poised, optimistic, very impatient, driven, restless, detailed, precise, and thorough? ESA is looking for a Director of Marketing who wants to roll up their sleeves and be a player coach.
If this sounds like you and you’re looking to be a part of a national non-profit association, please take our quick 7-9 minute applicant survey: http://www.cindexinc.com/c/B668CB.
After completing the survey, please send us your resume. Only applicants with completed surveys will be considered.
Works with the VP of Sales & Marketing to guide and develop a clearly defined marketing strategy in a manner that supports association goals and enhances brand awareness. The Director of Marketing is responsible for planning, developing and executing ESA’s marketing tactics, marketing communications and PR activities as it relates to all of ESA’s various programs, events and initiatives. This position also develops and coordinates support materials for chapters in the area of marketing, communications and public relations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and execute objectives in relation to ESA marketing and communication strategy:
- Manages ESA’s Public Relations efforts:
- Oversee and manage ESA’s digital presence including:
- Interacts with, aptly informs, and maintains appropriate relations with: fellow staff, ESA contractors, customers, members, volunteers and vendors as well as professional and service groups and government entities.
- Maintains a perpetually current understanding of Association business, goals, values, direction, events and activities through on-going review of website and assimilation of information provide through Association publications, email newsletters, etc.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as staff liaison to two of ESA’s Professional Groups (YSP & EMP) by providing volunteer management and administrative support.
- Manage third-party relationships including ESA Media Partners, printers, freelancers and other contractors as needed.
- Assist fellow staff as needed when preparing to attend trade shows, events, or when meeting a deadline.
- Participate in trade shows, events, etc., as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Five or more years of experience developing effective marketing strategies, ability to think strategically, record of offering creative ideas, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Required proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications, including Word and Excel.
- Preferred proficiency in design software such as InDesign, HTML, email marketing platforms such as Constant Contact and MailChimp, press release platforms such as Meltwater, and CRM software such as Salesforce or Nimble.
- Experience with marketing automation strategy development and execution.
- Strong interpersonal and customer communications skills.
- Excellent business writing skills and experience.
- Experience and proven track record in negotiation skills.
- Possess “concierge-style” customer service skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Non-profit and/or Association experience
- Industry experience