Are you independent, have a take charge personality, self-disciplined, persevering, can handle a variety of tasks, possess a natural sense of urgency, work well under pressure, technically oriented, very precise, detail oriented and accurate?
ESA is looking for an Operations Manager for our events who wants to roll up their sleeves and manage all of the detailed logistics. If this sounds like you take our 6-7 minute survey here: http://www.cindexinc.com/c/B668CB.
After completing the survey, please send us your resume. Only applicants with completed surveys will be considered.
Works with the VP of Sales & Marketing to ensure all ESA meetings, tradeshows, and events are in accordance with association goals. The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the planning/logistics and execution of all ESA meetings, tradeshows and events. The Operations Manager is responsible for all meetings/tradeshows/events management from the pre-planning stages through post-event follow up and reporting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop overall event and conference budgets in coordination with VP, Sales & Marketing, and manage event costs to ensure costs stay within budget.
- Solicit bids from vendors. Gather cost data and provide recommendations to VP, Sales & Marketing for final selection.
- Negotiate contracts for meetings and events, including contracts with hotels and other vendors. Maintain signed copies of contracts. Ensure performance by ESA events of its contractual obligations, monitor performance by other parties, and respond appropriately when other parties fail to perform.
- Develop schedules, work with conference team on speaker logistics, and propose meeting ideas.
- Coordinate and manage meeting logistics including vendor selection, site selection, menu selection, hotel selection, room blocks, website hosting partners, registration company, printers/signage companies, general contractors, AV companies, transportation, entertainment etc.
- Work closely with hotel staff, vendors, and suppliers concerning logistics and F&B arrangements.
- Manage all awards, exhibit furnishings and signage.
- Manage the overall registration system from set-up through implementation and reporting.
- Create and provide weekly registration and hotel pick up reports and send to the VP, Sales & Marketing each week.
- Plan and distribute agenda for team conference calls and distribute meeting notes and manage action items.
- Set up and manage all pre-cons with facilities and vendors, as required.
- Establish the overall event production schedule and ensure deadlines are met.
- Prepare the overall event schedule, identify and manage conflicts, and coordinate the conference program by assigning all events and meetings to specific meeting rooms to be included in a Master Meeting Grid.
- Coordinate with Director of Marketing on promotional items and booth design and provide recommendations to VP, Sales & Marketing for final selection.
- Develop, maintain, and share on-site conference management plan with VP, Sales & Marketing and others. Ensure onsite staff has necessary equipment and resources needed for each event.
- Develop logistical forms and materials, such as name badges, tent cards, participant rosters, etc.
- Manage logistics and conference support staff throughout meeting planning, pre-registration, on-site registration, and post-meeting distribution of thank-you letters, reimbursements, and follow-up materials.
- Coordinate with the event team including sales and marketing to manage the participation of vendors, exhibitors, advertisers, and sponsors of the meetings. Manage on-site logistics of the meeting space and exhibit hall.
- Oversee on-site logistics support staff for speaker and attendee participation.
- Coordinate with the event team including sales and marketing to ensure event-related sponsor deliverables are fulfilled.
- Verify vendor invoices for logistical support materials and services. Work with Staff Accountant to ensure meeting and conference costs are accurately coded.
- Prepare a P&L statement for each event.
- Assemble all materials pertaining to event activity, get approvals from all interested parties, and give final approval for the event information. Integral part of the proofing process once the information is ready for print.
- Work with event sales and marketing team to create and update events-related graphics on printed and electronic media.
- Analyze event operations and implement recommendations for improving operational efficiencies within the event team.
- Create post event survey for attendees and exhibitors; analyze, report, and develop improvement plans based upon results.
- Provide detailed Post Convention Report that tracks attendee & exhibitor usages, pricing review of exhibit space, sponsorships, and attendee fees and registration offerings, survey results, post- show reports, and data which serves as baseline for future improvements.
- Provide presentations and briefings to keep VP, Sales & Marketing and others aware of new developments or emerging issues that result from contact with vendors, exhibitors, advertisers, speakers, sponsors, and participants. Develop reports to compare meeting budgets vs. actual expenses; maintain accurate records of all costs associated with meetings and conferences.
- Interacts with, aptly informs, and maintains appropriate relations with: fellow staff, ESA contractors, customers, members, volunteers and vendors as well as professional and service groups and government entities.
- Maintains a perpetually current understanding of Association business, goals, values, direction, events and activities through on-going review of website and assimilation of information provide through Association publications, email newsletters, etc.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists fellow staff as needed when preparing to attend trade shows, events, or when meeting a deadline.
- Participates in trade shows, events, etc., as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position is not currently responsible for the supervision of another ESA employee.
- Supervision received from Vice President, Sales & Marketing. Works independently with minimal supervision; External contacts include ESA volunteers and members and industry leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience required in a meeting coordination/planning environment.
- Proficiency using Windows-based applications and database administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with a well-developed orientation to accurate attention to detail.
- Must show good program management skills, including adherence to deadlines and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Required proficiency in: Microsoft Word, Spreadsheet applications including Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and customer communications skills.
- Experience and proven track record in negotiation skills.
- Non-profit and/or Association experience
- Tradeshow experience
- Industry experience
- CMP Designation
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF POSITION/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; no special demands are required. Extended periods of public involvement may be necessary when participating in trade shows or ESA events. Must be mobile enough to move from one location to another as needed, and to interact and communicate with attendees. Work is performed in an office setting with the exception of trade shows or ESA events. Travel as required.